Wait, a year-round Halloween blog?
Yup! Unlike Dracula or Frankenstein, it does exist. Spooky Little Halloween launched in September 2015 as the blog celebrating October 31st all year long. It’s a place for Halloween lovers to come together and make every day feel like their favorite day of the year.
The Origin Story
The idea for a Halloween blog had been brewing in my head for well over a year, but the thing that drove me to make it happen? Pinterest.
Yes, Pinterest. See, the Halloween board on my personal account had gotten a little, well, out of control. I was in the process of divvying up four years’ worth of pins onto 12 different boards when I decided the entire thing was insanity and something had to be done.
That something ended up being Spooky Little Halloween. The Pinterest episode happened in August 2015, and by mid-September that year I had launched the blog just in time for my first Halloween season.
On The Blog
“How do you blog about Halloween…in June?” someone asked me recently at a blog conference. My answer? When you love it as much as I do, it’s easy to make every day Halloween.
And I believe that whole-heartedly. While August, September and, of course, October are the busiest months on Spooky Little Halloween, you’ll still find me here in January or April or yes, even June…writing away about my love of October 31st!
My monthly features include:
- Fun food and cocktail recipes I love
- DIY projects for decorating your home, with a special focus on projects costing under $10
- Seasonal or themed product round-ups, just in case you didn’t know you
wantedneeded a Halloween Valentine’s Day card or Halloween subscription box in your life (I’ve always got you covered!)
- Tips and ideas for decorating your home for Halloween
- My personal tricks to planning a killer Halloween party
- PLUS the occasional Halloween playlist full of songs handpicked by yours ghoulishly and random tricks and treats
You’ll find two new posts on Spooky Little Halloween every week, usually Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I also send out a weekly email newsletter on Fridays featuring one Halloween treat for you to enjoy, all year long. Get on the list!
Halloween season on Spooky Little Halloween
In addition to my monthly features, you’ll also find these goodies on the blog during Halloween season:
- First looks at Halloween collections in stores I frequent for decor and party supplies, like Michaels, Party City or Target
- A Halloween home tour of my Spooky Little Apartment
- Behind-the-scenes looks at my annual Halloween party, Halloweenie Roast, as I finish my final preparations
- Giveaways 🎃 🎃 🎃
- PLUS access to all my bonus Halloween content!
Make every day Halloween…now!
Looking for somewhere to get started? Here are some of my most-read posts on Spooky Little Halloween:
- 11 subscription boxes for Halloween lovers
- 9 creepy podcasts you should be listening to
- 10 places to buy spooky Halloween T-shirts
- How to get ready for Halloween…now
- DIY witch cauldron centerpiece
- Why I decorate for Halloween
- My First Look series
- My Halloween playlists (Halloween music is my JAM – pun intended)