All October posts are part of the Countdown to Halloween!
October is here! And each year to celebrate, I start the month by making a list of all the awesome Halloween things I want to do. (Thank you to Sarah at The Spooky Vegan for the inspiration.)
It might seem silly, but I’ve found that making these list helps me remember to slow down and enjoy my favorite time of year.
For me, October is the start of the holiday season. Yes, I do Halloween all year…but I enjoy Thanksgiving and yes, even the Christmas season, just as much for the traditions each one holds. It can get busy FAST, so making a list is the easiest way to keep track of the fun.
But for today…here’s all the FUN I intend to have this October.
My Halloween 2017 Bucket List:
- Carve jack-o-lanterns throughout October, not just for Halloween
- Watch a classic horror movie I’ve never seen (suggestions welcome – I haven’t seen most of them…)
- Make pumpkin juice + pumpkin mimosas again
- Finish my Halloween dream catcher (EEK! Keep an eye on the blog for the full DIY)
- Celebrate my niece’s third birthday with a Halloween-themed party!
- Bake a pumpkin goodie
- Shop at Trader Joe’s and Sprouts for pumpkin goodies too (I’m trying to overcome my dislike of ALL pumpkin spice things…)
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Finally bake these candy corn cookies for S&Gs (and to share at work)
- Send my family Halloween cards
- Drink a cup of pumpkin tea
- Finish up my Halloween costume
- Listen to Dead Air all month long
- Eat a ton of pumpkin ice cream (my fave pumpkin goodie!)
- Go to fall craft shows with my mom & find Halloween goodies
- Attend our local Tim Burton art show
- Finish planning Halloweenie Roast! This year’s theme: VILLAINS!
What’s on your Halloween 2017 Bucket List?
Share your number one item in the comments, then download your own list to print out!
As you check off items, I encourage you to share photos on Twitter or Instagram and tag them with #HalloweenBucketList. Feel free to tag me as well – I’d love to see what fun you’re having.
I hope you have a wonderful and magical October!
Want weekly Halloween treats in your inbox?
If you just can’t get enough October 31st in your life, join my email list – Treats Not Tricks. Every Friday I’ll send you one Halloween treat to enjoy. It’s the best way to make every day feel like Halloween all year long!